Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's A Great Time For Farming!

The sun is beginning to peak through the mist. I have 85 artichoke plants sprouted (of 300 planted) and will order more seed today.

The vernal pond on my property is beginning to form: I can now chart where the low spots are because they are filling up first. Last year, it attracted ducks, geese and egrets at various times. I was really worried because this pair of mallards -- obviously deeply in love -- were spending one heck of a lot of time and I was worried they would try to raise a family there only to find that it would all dry up about mid-April. Then what would the little ducks do? They must have been empty-nesters. Perhaps I should name it "Golden Pond" in their honor.

Well, time to get out and do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment